Questions regarding Private Tuition
I am currently in the process of writing a journal paper concerning the role of the Private Mathematics/Statistics Tutor and would appreciate your responses to the following questions. I have been invited to write this paper at short notice so I am afraid that I need the answers rather quickly by tomorrow.
Your answers and observations will be treated in the strictest confidence and anonymity.
Level of Education
Age (circle one) 13 - 15 years 16 – 17 years 18 - 21 years over 22 years
Questions concerning Tuition
- What was the trigger for seeking tuition in Mathematics / Statistics
- How did you find your tutor?
- What expectations do you have of your tutor?
- What criteria do you use to choose (and stay) with tutor?
- Thinking about a tutorial that you considered to be of great help, what features of that tutorial do you recall?
- If you have experienced several private tutors, is there any information that you feel would help